Thursday, December 4, 2008

The chicken head says: "Time to go home! Bawck"

We were in Silver Creek today, where Morvin (my co-teacher) is from. We got there early, so he went home for lunch, and brought me a tamale. It was very nice of him because I was starving, having failed to bring anything for lunch (this happens a lot). He went to the shop for a Coke and I'm sitting there in the car munching away....there usually is meat in them, usually a chicken or turkey thigh with the bone still in, no big whoop. I thought I had part of the neck, so I started to pull it out of the tamale to naw on it a bit....and it was sort of enormous and heavy....so I was like, what the hell is going on with this chicken neck??!! Well, I'll tell you what's going on with the chicken neck - the HEAD WAS STILL ATTACHED. Minus the beak, thank god, but still. It surprised me so much that I just started laughing. I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes!!

I'd just changed my ticket to come home a week earlier, and was sort of feeling conflicted about it for various reasons. But that chicken head just pushed me right over the edge - I think I'm ready to go home and eat bagels now!

1 comment: